William Nimmons - Community of Bankview

Moderator: newsposter

William Nimmons - Community of Bankview

Postby Admin » Sat May 08, 2004 6:31 pm

On 14th street sw, one block up the hill 17th Ave, is a big old red brick house/mansion. This mansion once belonged to William Nimmons (1826-1921) who bought a 1/2 section of land which he later sold as lots which became the community of Bankview. Below is a picture of the house and a link to a much more detailed account at
on the
Home Sweet Heritage Home website--> http://calgarypubliclibrary.com/calgary/hshh/index.htm

Site Admin
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:00 pm

More on Bankview and Nimmons

Postby Bob van Wegen » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:40 am

History of Bankview by Frederick Hunter

Bob van Wegen
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:02 pm

Return to Featured Historic Site

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest