Heath Block up for sale (July 30, 2007)
Last updated Jan 30 2008 - see bottom post for more.
The Heath Block is at 615 15th Avenue SW. Originally the high-end tailor shop of Fred Heath, the first floor was converted to residential around 1930. The newspaper photo below is from a 'grand opening' advertising feature in the Calgary Daily Herald, August 24, 1912.
References on the Heath Block courtesy Harry Sanders:
Calgary News-Telegram, 8 Aug. 1912
Calgary Daily Herald, 10 Aug. 1912.
Calgary Daily Herald, 24 Aug. 1912
Other information: Heath's partner for a time was Robert Harold (R.H. Williams), who set up his own ladies ready-to-wear store in 1921. In 1928 he built his own store a block east at the corner of 15th Avenue and 4th Street, which remained an R.H. Williams store until the late 1990s. Now the Haycock Chiropractic Clinic. Source: Harry Sanders Historic Walks of Calgary
, p. 246.
Link to the listing and current photos:
http://www.remaxcentral.ab.ca/cgi-bin/r ... altorinfo=